Academic & Career
none Heading link
A AHS Applied Health Sciences
B BW Benware, software for exams and class objectives C CME / COME College of Medicine East CMW / COMW College of Medicine West COD College of Dentistry
COM College of Medicine
COMRB College of Medicine Research Building
CON College of Nursing
COP College of Pharmacy
D DoCS Doctoring and Clinical Skills
E ECP&P Essentials of Clinical Practice and Professionalism
ECM Essentials of Clinical Medicine
G GHP Global Health Program
GMED Global Medicine Program
H HPSC Health Professions Student Council
I IHI Institute for Healthcare Improvement
IMED Innovation Medicine Program
J JBVA Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Hospital
M MSPE Medical Student Performance Evaluation
O OSA Office of Student Affairs
OCA Office of Curricular Affairs
P PEP Peer Education Program
S SCW Student Center West
SPC Student Promotions Committee
SPH School of Public Health
SSB Student Services Building
U UIH University of Illinois Hospital
UMSC University of Illinois Medical Student Council
UHP Urban Health Program
As students advocate for themselves and others at the University of Illinois College of Medicine Chicago campus, we recognized that students were often unaware of the specific roles each Dean holds on the campus. This guide hopes to serve as a way for students to know the specific work each Dean conducts and the reasons students might reach out to them. (The Deans would like to acknowledge that students can reach out to any of them regarding any topic, and they will help field your concern to the appropriate person.)
UICOM is proud to have a strong research program and multiple opportunities for medical students to get involved. Often, identifying and finding research mentors can be difficult, but CMSC hopes to make this process easier by providing you with up-to-date information on potential research mentors in basic science and clinical departments here at UICOM.
UICOM has recently set up a new website for medical students seeking research and scholarly projects: Scholarly and Research Opportunities
Check out investigators and information including their publication and funding record at the UICollaboratory Research Profiles website.
For students considering pursuing a dual-degree M.D./Ph.D. training, UICOM’s NIH-funded Medical Scientist Training Program might be right for you!
SCB Phase 2/3 Reps Contact Information (2021-2022)
Specialty Outreach Chair Contact Information (2021-2022)TBA
Recorded Specialty Interest Group Events
Post-Match Residency Panels
The post-match panels are a great way to learn about the journey our graduating medical students at University of Illinois College of Medicine have taken to match into their respective residency programs. These panels include topics like recommended research opportunities, away rotations, the interview process, and reasons why students chose their specialty.
UICOM 2021 Post-Match Residency Panels
Recordings of the 2021 panels can be accessed at this link (you must log into your UIC account for access).
The 2021 post-match panels included the following fields:
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R)
Radiology (IR & DR)
Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
Urban Medicine (UMED)
UICOM 2020 Post-Match Residency Panels
Recordings of the 2020 panels can be accessed at this link (you must log into your UIC account for access).
The 2020 post-match panels included the following fields:
UICOM Room Reservation Procedures
- Refer to the COM Student Study Scheduling Grid before reserving a room. You will need to indicate the room # in the reservation request. Scheduling grids will also be displayed on the display screens in the 1st floor lobby.
- Go to the Astra portal: https://uil.aaiscloud.com/UIC/Logon.aspx)
Note: You do not need to login to Astra in order to make a reservation. The login is only for staff.
- Click “Events” (at top) > Select “Request Event”
- Use the drop down and select “COM Chicago Student Study Form” > Click “Next”
- Complete and submit the form
Note: Use UIC Email address and for “Event Type” select “COM Student”
- Click “Add Meeting”, select “Single”, and complete form (“Required Room” is preselected)
- Click “Request Rooms” to check availability and select room
- Click “Submit” and you will be notified that your request has been received but the reservation is not final until you receive notification that your “Requested event has been approved” Please note: If the requests is last minute, once submitted you can proceed to the room however, the submittal is not final until confirmed. If there happens to be a recent conflict you will be reassigned per availability. Also, if you need to cancel your reservation, or you don’t need your reservation for the entire reserved time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Student Study Options
No reservation required:
- 2nd floor Quiet Study Room (220 CMWT)
- 3rd floor Private Study rooms (310A-K CMWT)
- available on a first come, first served basis. We ask that students be courteous to others by not leaving their belongings as a way of holding a room when they leave for an extended period of time.
- these rooms are not soundproof, so please be aware that sound carries in these rooms
- 4th floor Student Lounge/Kitchenette (420 CMWT)
- Edelstone Lounge (Basement CMWT)
Library of the Health Sciences:
- Open study areas or closed study rooms with reservation
Note: Designated quiet study space is CMWT 220 (2nd floor lounge). All other spaces are not designated quiet space, but please be respectful to your colleagues
Food and Drink Policy
- The allowance of food in Learning Center classrooms is a decision to be made by the Curricular Affairs office on a case by case basis. When food is permitted, the room must be cleaned with all garbage removed, and left in working condition by the students, faculty, or staff overseeing the event
- Spill-proof containers must be used when bringing beverages into all educational areas including the auditorium, the 2 large active learning rooms, the 3rd floor private study rooms, and the 18 small group classrooms
Slack Guidelines & FAQ
Access the Slack FAQ PDF at the following link.
Zoom Best Practices
Access Zoom etiquette document